Strategic and tactical thinker, able to generate the critical and creative thinking that provides insightful advice for business planning, or for the development and implementation of business plans that achieve objectives within budget and timeframes.
An experienced and professional international executive with expertise covering all areas of marketing, brand and corporate communications, business development and project management spanning most industry sectors, gained working for leading international marketing service providers on major global clients.
Results oriented and with a proven ability, I am used to working within a team and under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of performance and offering leadership and inspiration to others.
Management consultant helping businesses around the world achieve local, national and international success through the development and implementation of business and brand strategies; from the evaluation of current situations, assessment of potential risk and reward, to the creation of ideas and actions that result in the achievement of pre-defined business objectives.
I use and leverage an army of key contacts; in business, government and academia, around the world to effect business success for my clients, and cost-effeciently. So confident am I in my abilities that I am happy to consider results based payment, and share in the risk and reward.
In addition to my own business, I am the CEO of a not-for-profit, privately funded public service helping SMEs succeed internationally; by-passing Government bureaucracy, their intermediaries and appointed agents: www.ukits.org
I am the UK managing partner of China market specialist service Big Red Door: www.bigreddoor.co
THE YORKSHIRE SOCIETY
Born in Leeds, I have never lost sight of, or contact with, my Yorkshire roots. I am proud to be on the executive board of The Yorkshire Society; a not-for-profit organisation under the patronage of HRH The Duke of York, dedicated to the celebration and promotion of Yorkshire, it’s economy, culture, traditions and heritage.
- Business management and cross cultural project management.
- Expertise in corporate, brand and marketing communications.
- Strategic planning and business development.
- Creative concepts and communication campaign devlopment.
- Excellent communicator able to deal with stakeholders at all levels.
- Implementation of multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Innovation and idea generation.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Motivation of self and others.
- High level design and copywriting
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY SNAPSHOT
Since 2013 I have been running my own business as a management consultant specialising in International Trade and Marketing (PBITM). Before that I enoyed an award winning career in marketing communications spanning more than 30 years, of which more than 15 were as an ex-pat at board-level in many markets around the world. Some hilights are:
- Set up and ran several ground-breaking marketing services agencies in the UK including Samuel Bell Direct and The Radical Agency;
- Created The Braintrust Network harnessing the knowledge and expertise of the academic world for the benefit of the corporate world;
- General Manager (HQ Budapest office) of MMD, now Grayling, a major PR network in Europe;
- Client Service Director (Joint MD and Creative Director) with Grey Global in Nigeria;
- Director of marketing services at Pulse, a major sales and merchandising company in Russia and Ukraine;
- Country Manager for Bates Saatchi in Ukraine where I set up and managed the 141 global affiliation for Cordiant Communications;
- Managing Director of Face to Face in the Middle East, based in Bahrain with a GCC regional role.
Between 1986 and 1988 I attended the Bristol Business School (West of England University) where I gained a diploma in Direct Marketing.
“He’s [Philip] the most creative person I have met in this country…with real imagination and practical business ideas”. Marcel Martin, Country Manager, Coca Cola CEE.
“In my opinion you represent a customer’s CTQ (critical to quality) driven management style…you are obviously very professional”. Esther Szabo, Public Affairs Leader CEE, GE.