Strategic and tactical thinker, able to combine the critical and creative thinking that provides insightful advice for business planning or for the development and implementation of business plans that achieve objectives within budget and timeframes.
An experienced and professional senior manager with expertise covering all areas of marketing and communications spanning most industry sectors, gained whilst working for leading international marketing service providers on major global clients.
Results oriented with a proven ability, used to working within a team and under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of performance and offering leadership and inspiration to others.
UK INTERNATIONAL TRADE SERVICE
In addition to my own business, I am the CEO of a not-for-profit privately funded public service helping SMEs succeed internationally, by-passing Government bureaucracy, their intermediaries and appointed agents: www.ukits.org
OTHER BUSINESS INTERESTS
I am the UK managing partner of China market specialist service Big Red Door: www.bigreddoor.co
- Business management and cross cultural project management.
- Expertise in corporate, brand and marketing communications.
- Strategic planning and business development.
- Creative concepts and communication campaign devlopment.
- Excellent communicator able to deal with stakeholders at all levels.
- Implementation of multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Innovation and idea generation.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Motivation of self and others.
- High level design and copywriting.
- Small to large scale presentation.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY SNAPSHOT
Since 2013 I have been running my own business as a management consultant specialising in International Trade and Marketing. Before that I enoyed an award winning career in marketing communications spanning more than 30 years, of which the last 15 were as an ex-pat in many markets around the world. Some hilights are:
- Set up and ran several ground-breaking marketing services agencies in the UK including Samuel Bell Direct and The Radical Agency;
- Created The Braintrust Network harnessing the knowledge and expertise of the academic world for the benefit of the corporate world;
- General Manager (HQ Budapest office) of MMD, now Grayling, a major PR network in Europe;
- Client Service Director (Joint MD and Creative Director) with Grey Global in Nigeria;
- Director of marketing services at Pulse, a major sales and merchandising company in Russia and Ukraine;
- Country Manager for Bates Saatchi in Ukraine where I set up and managed the 141 global affiliation for Cordiant Communications;
- Managing Director of Face to Face in the Middle East, based in Bahrain with a GCC regional role.
Between 1986 and 1988 I attended the Bristol Business School (West of England University) where I gained a diploma in Direct Marketing.
“He’s [Philip] the most creative person I have met in this country…with real imagination and practical business ideas”. Marcel Martin, Country Manager, Coca Cola CEE.
“In my opinion you represent a customer’s CTQ (critical to quality) driven management style…you are obviously very professional”. Esther Szabo, Public Affairs Leader CEE, GE.
A number of recent projects can be found here: case studies.
You can find me on Linked In here.